Monday 11 June 2012

It's Monday. What are you reading? 11 June 2012

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey to outline what you have been reading and what you plan to read this week.











A great week for books. Had book club which meant I borrowed a stack of new books and I was getting really bored with Our Tragic Universe (Scarlett Thomas) which I borrowed from the library so I ended up giving up on it to read something more interesting. Then on the weekend I stayed the night at a guesthouse and they had a swap a book so I swapped three books out for new ones including A Place Called Freedom (Ken Follett), Brida (Paulo Coelho) who wrote The Achemist, and Tomorrow, When The War Began (John Marsden).


I finished To the Lighthouse (Virginia Woolf) but the review is still on its way as there is a lot to think about with this one

I've  just started Anatomy of a Disappearance (Hisham Matar) which I quite like so far and it's very easy to read. So after this I think I'm going to start The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (Anne Bronte) as I need a nice chunky book this week as I'm heading over to Melbourne for work for two days and need something to keep me entertained on the plane.



Thanks to Alita I have hooked up my iTunes and Spotify accounts to last.fm to track my music. It's so much fun. This week's top 3:
The Mynabirds - Body of Work
Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine (Yes I was surprised at this one too! Great song though)
3rd = Beirut - Elephant Gun
3rd = JBM - Winter Ghosts