Monday 20 August 2012

It's Monday. What are you reading? 20 August 2012


It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey to outline what you have been reading and what you plan to read this week.











I'm back!! I had an amazing time in Rarotonga. It is such a beautiful place and it was so nice to have some time off work as I desperately needed it and was on the verge of going crazy. I've been clocking up 70 and 80 hour weeks at work so a holiday was just what the doctor therapist ordered.

I was there for a family wedding so I didn't get as much 'me' time as I would normally, which meant I only got through two of the three books I took with me. I read I Capture The Castle (Dodie Smith) and The Trespass (Barbara Ewing). Both nice easy reads and now I'm back I'll be able to finish off The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (Anne Bronte) which I'm about half way through.

Of course another trip from Auckland to Tauranga meant stopping at my favourite second hand book store in Ngatea. This time I picked up

Night and Day (Virginia Woolf)
Vanity Fair (William Thackeray)
Book of Lost Threads (Tess Evans)
The Jane Austen Book Club (Karen Joy Fowler)
Wild Swans (Jung Chang)

And just so you all get wildly jealous here's a couple of snaps of me reading my books in the sun (hehe see what I did there)